Thamesbank Credit Union:
Business Development Manager (2 days/week)
Thamesbank Credit Union (TCU) is a community-based financial co-operative delivering fair, affordable and accessible financial services to people who live or work in Hounslow, Richmond, Kingston, Wandsworth, Spelthorne or Ealing. TCU was established in 2005 and serves approximately 900 members. Thamesbank serves a diverse cross-section of the community, including some of the most financially excluded.
Thamesbank offers a portfolio of financial services that includes competitive saving accounts and affordable loan products, including payroll and child benefit loans. The board of TCU has decided to increase marketing and outreach efforts in order to reach new customers and improve the relationship with existing customers.
In order to support the expansion of TCU, we are recruiting a part-time Business Development Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference to how people manage their money and to build up this local and ethical co-operative for the people of West London.
The Business Development Manager will assist the board with implementing Thamesbank’s business plan and achieving our aim of becoming a sustainable and growing credit union.
The primary objective of the position is to increase the membership of TCU by recruiting new members from the corporate world, civic associations as well as individual members.
The position is ideal for freelance business developers or others who wish to work part-time.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate contact with prospective new members (local employers, associations, individuals)
- Follow-up leads and initial contact with letters, visits, phone calls and work with CUS (TCUs service provider) in order to secure timely onboarding of new members
- Maintain Customer Relation Management (CRM) with corporate payroll partners
- Provide customer service to assist prospective new members with paperwork requirements related to opening and processing new membership accounts.
- Liaise with CUS to provide accurate and bespoke information to potential new customers.
- Whenever possible, be a visible presence in the community for the purpose of promoting the credit union, building the TCU brand, and gaining new business leads
- Engage with regular, active discussions with CUS to deliver objectives and goals
- On offer of employment we will agree key performance indicators (KPIs) in align with TCU Business objectives and based on experience
- You will report directly on a regular basis to a member of TCU board. Additionally you will be required to prepare monthly progress reports ahead of the monthly TCU board meetings. Attendance of monthly TCU board meetings may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Desired Behaviour, Experience and Qualifications:
- Good sales, organisational and communication skills (including basic Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A good understanding of Credit Unions, personal finance and personal banking products
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Belief in the vision and values behind credit unions
- Previous experience with business/customer development from a related field (sales or customer relations management)
- Knowledge and networks related to the local economy (Boroughs of West London/Hounslow) an advantage
- Familiar with the use of various social media, for promotional purposes
- University degree preferred but not required
Home-based, but visits to locations across TCU membership common-bond (Boroughs of West London/Hounslow) is likely to be required as part of the job.
Available to UK residents only. On offer of employment you must be able to provide evidence of the right to work in the UK.
You are expected to have access to a pc, e-mail and a mobile phone.
Reasonable travel-related expenses will be covered, as will an allowance for mobile phone usage.
£11,000-£14,000 per annum (paid monthly), depending on experience
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and background fit with the desired qualifications of the position to email@example.com, and include subject ‘Application for Business Development Manager (PT)’
For more information, please contact:
Chair of TCU, Mukesh Malhotra (firstname.lastname@example.org), or
TCU director, Steve Laffey (email@example.com)